Last night, I dreamed that beautiful land again. In such a lovely world, I leaped on the road which is paved with stones. I sat on the grass listening to the song coming from distance. The stream in the valley was flowing into my body, washing it with magic power and bringing the pain out of my heart. The golden light here covered me, as if I walked into a paradise.
One old man was sitting on one stone nearby, telling old legends to people around him. Most of the legends are about love, but not happy ending ones. Many characters in these stories died for love. They fight against the traditional rules which trapped their love. They disregarded the resistance from their families. They exchanged life for their constant love. Hence, Sorrow became the main theme of these love stories. However, sorrow is one of the most powerful emotions in the world which digs up strong feeling in our heart and builds bone-deep memory on our mind.
This old town had a special smell to me. When I closed my eyes and took a breath, I felt that my whole body melted in this unique atmosphere. That was one kind of strange but strong feelings, which awaked up every cell in my blood. Gentle breeze was blowing, patting my face slightly. The copper bells which were hung under the eaves made ringing sound, as if they are singing in the wind. It was a song which has been played for thousand years. The same rhythm struck the hearts of different people telling different stories.
It rained heavily. I sat in an old house looking outside through the steam rising up from my tea-cup. Countless crystal drops fell down from sky constantly making up one piece of beautiful curtain. Those colorful umbrellas blooming on the road rightly decorated the curtain made by the rain. The constant rain which connected sky with ground drew one beautiful picture and everyone in this picture was accepting a special ablution from nature.
Actually, my dreamland is one old town called LiJiang which is located in southwest of China. When I first came to LiJiang, I was attracted by the scenery and the culture here deeply. I believe that there must be something on this magic land which has relations with my life. Hence, if I lose myself in the future, perhaps, I can find my direction of life here and start a new life.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dreams are intriguing. Sometimes they reflect our inner struggles; sometimes they reveal our deepest desires; sometimes they play out our fears.
It is interesting that you dreamt about an old town. It may be connected to a childhood experience there. Have you been there before?
Your dream is quite beautiful. You are quite lucky since as far as I can remember no such beautiful scene has ever come into my dreams before. A few days ago we did some discussion on dreams, and I am quite interested in your dreams because in my dreams there are always meaningless things that are not worthy remembering. Some scientists say that people dream every night. It is just sometimes they do not remember what they have dreamt about. Do you agree with this? There are a lot of myths on dreaming. In my opinion no human beings have so far understood what dreams really are. Some people predict the future in their dreams; some people even communicate with others in their dreams. All those stories tell us that dreams in some ways are extraordinary things. There is still so much more for us to learn about the world we live in.
Post a Comment