Sunday, May 31, 2009

10. Thank you all

The math class has been over, we said goodbye to our kind lovely Dr Chew.
The English course is also near its end, so how is everything going?
Look back to last Dec., when we firstly steped on this island, interests fulfilled our mind. Air smelled differently, and the tempreture was lower, everything seemed to be all right.
We were so excited to get into NUS, to start our English course, to go to the central library, or to sleep for a whole Friday afternoon.
Half a year has passed, everything remines, but they changed in our mind. All are boring, even the air adds to that boring. It's so warm, and the classes are so dull! We don't know what to do now!
Thanks goodness, before things have been bad, we have learnt something useful. We dare to speak English now, although sometimes cannot be understand. We are getting into NUS now, and we have found that it seems to be better than the bridging course. We have known some strange manners of Singaporeans, Indians and Malaysians, we have got more information of their habits and behaviors.
Within these 6 months, I cannot say that I got nothing. However, compared to the classmates in my home university, who were once my fellows, they are nearly my seniors! I have fell behind, totally!
Sometimes things are like this. We cannot change them, we have to adapt. After all, thanks my mentor, Dr Jessie Teng, and all my tutors, you really did your best and what you have taught us are really fortunes. Good luck to all my groupmates.



Your peaceful
Hugh

2 comments:

Hu Yang/Yogi said...

Actually when we really step into NUS, we may ironically find CELC is a paradise for us. I agree that our classmates in China now become our seniors and that is a little embarrassing. But what we really lose is much more than a year's time to study. Something has changed in our mind. Maybe it is a sign of growing mature.

Hu Yang/Yogi said...

Thanks, Hugh. You are one of the most sincere classmates in our group and I am really glad to hear your assessments on me because they are true that I can count on.