Monday, January 19, 2009

written at Christmas Eve

Today is Christmas Eve- The second day in Singapore. As a multi-cultured country, though in the southeast of Asia, the people here like western custom better. So they celebrate Christmas very ceremoniously. This night we were taken to a special church to celebrate the Christmas Eve. There are some seven thousand people in the church, which is looked like an arena. I would rather regard it as a evening party than a religious ceremony. There seemed to be one interesting drama. I use “seemed to” for I didn’t find many humor factors in it because of my poor English. Although having been Singapore two days, I haven’t spoken much English. Sometimes I really wanted to communicate others in English, but they always answered me in Chinese. So I have to use Chinese again and again.The living situation here is not as good as I imagined though not too bad. What bothers me most is that I can’t still surf the internet by wireless net.There is only a few applications in my laptop. As a result, I haven’t used it very much. Before I came here, I got to know that Singapore is a garden city. The environment here is really good. You can see big tropic trees and grasses everywhere. Besides, Singapore is also famous for its sever punishment. So the public order or public security is quite good and most of its citizens are of high quality. After coming here, I come to know that I have got some bad habits in China. For example, we usually leave directly without putting the chairs back after meals or meetings. Till now, I don’t know what to do exactly. And I don’t have the interest on books. But I know firmly, the most important mission is to make as much progress in English as I can. And this is one of the reasons I write the words above.






Because I have nothing to write down, I am so sorry I paste the words above from another website.~~~ Anyway, it was written by myself.

No comments: