Monday, January 19, 2009

1.A Visit To Parry Hall

My feelings about Eton Hall really experienced great changes for the duration of the first two weeks here . I remember my excitement gone and my enthusiasm disappeared after several meals there .Gradually , I began getting bored .However , that's all before I paid a visit to Parry Hall to see former schoolmates together with some friends .


After a short nap on the MRT ,we found ourselves in a completely new world---landscapes there in Kovan is so different from where Eton Hall is located. Fewer trees stand by the roads and no tall buildings to attract eyes . It seems area around Eton Hall belongs to people of a upper level while Parry Hall stands in real downtown. More shopping malls are there , much smaller than VIVO , but the price is really low , for a skirt can be afforded at only S$8 .

It is a pity that my friends there don't have any facilities , e.g. table-tennis or piano to entertain themselves , but they do have microwave oven and refrigerators , which we have dreamed for long . However , I don't think they can really make full use of them because all of them are outside the building , located in the canteen , which itself contained only a huge blue tent standing on what was once a playground .Wind was quite strong that day ,so dirt and leaves went flying in the air ,some of which landed right on the canteen table ,the temperature ,however ,was not cool at all .Apparently ,we would all prefer the eating environment in Eton Hall .

Catching the first sight of their dormitory building ,I thought the first floor closely resembled garages .It’s white and grey color of walls ,together with all the stockades gave us the feeling of cold and hard .The structure of the building made it impossible to hang clothes outside the room along the corridor to dry them .The most ultimate shame was that outside Girls’ dormitory lay a construction site ,but around Eton Hall there are forever birds ,squirrels ,old green trees and clear blue sky to be a feast for the eye .

I wrote this because a lot of complaints about our Hall have been made .Instead of grumbling at aunty’s strict but responsible rules and tasteless foods (actually they have turned better recently),we’d better be graduate and appreciate .Anyway ,I think we are slightly better off than our friends in Parry Hall .

1 comment:

Maureen Tan said...

I`m so glad you`re so positive in your outlook. The grass is always greener the other side of the fence. A person is miserable only because he makes himself miserable!