Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1.My First 2 Weeks Bridging Course @ CELC

I’ve been CELC for English bridging course for about 2 weeks, and here are some of my feelings below.

It’s fun of course. We sit along the walls as a circle which makes the atmosphere quite lively, friendly and pleasant. Our tutors all have senses of humor and always make our group burst into laughter. And it, I think, help us to learn English a lot cause we all tend to like something interesting but not boring.

And the course is also very practical. I want to say that it’s more like communication rather than lessons. We learn about how to communicate with others from the tutors, and it will help us when we are in NUS and meet and communicate with many school fellows as well as professors from different backgrounds, for instance, talking with others students or having a professor’s class who is from India or Korea. After the course we will be able to have speeches with them out of fear and shyness.

Last afternoon I did my first oral report. Although I chose a very interesting and attractive topic—something about hotpot in Sichuan since I am from Sichuan province, I did a really not very good job. I had prepared an outline with nearly all the main points on it, but I still forgave some of them. My speech sometimes was not spoken in whole sentences but some phrases and filled with uhs. And I didn’t prepare for the whole report which means that I only thought about some ideas but I didn’t wrote then down in a paragraph with complete sentences, and this made me kind of hard to speak out my ideas because I didn’t check the dictionary for some unfamiliar words. And I think I will improve this in my next oral report.

There are 20 more weeks of bridging course ahead of us, and I wish I can make as many good friends who share the same interests with me as many as possible. And that’s all for this blog writing. Maybe this one might be some kinda boring but I will try something interesting and familiar next time, so look forward to my blog.


C ya. XOXO

6 comments:

zouqingyuan tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zouqingyuan tracy said...

I think you did very well in your oral report.The things what you had said was very intersting.As a person who chongqing bron,and chongqing bred ,hot-pot has a special meaning for me.
You said that you just write down some ideas,not the whole article.But the real oral report should follow this way,in my mind.I believe that we have the responsibility to make the audiences to understand what we are talking about. You did this ,so your oral report is successful.
look forward your next oral report and you next blog.
Good luck..

He Xucong♥Michael said...

Haha...Thank u Tracy .eh..for ur encouragement and my first comment in this blog.
yeah,i was kind of nervous and i forgot to say something i prepared to say. i indeed made the class laugh, but i still don't know whether other group fellows--i mean who are not from sichuan or Chongqing -- understood or not. And I think the problem was that I what I spoke mostly not sentences but words and phrases. anyway it was over and I should keep going to make progress. and my next oral report is about heroes lah as i told u before, didn't i? but i don't know what is my next blog writing about, so keep looking forward.
by the way what do bron and bred?

He Xucong♥Michael said...

by the way what do bron and bred mean?

zouqingyuan tracy said...

the sentence comes from new concept english 3.
city born and city bred.
means you are given birth in this city and live in this city since you was born

SHH said...

I am glad you are finding the most part of SM3 interesting. A lot depends on one's attitude. If you want to make the most out of it, you can. I hope you will set high goals for yourself and make yourself an active participant in class so that your contribution will liven up the class. The teacher alone cannot do that! Will you help me to do so?

Seto