(Blog7)What Should He Do
My cousin is one year younger than me. Actually, we are not only relatives but also friends. We are near to each other. Therefore, we often play together even though we do not share the same school. However, reality forces us to face up to it since we are moving towards mature.
Now, the main problem which confuses him, my cousin, a lot is that he can not do well in his senior two of high school. To be honest, his study is so bad that he will not reach the criteria needed by second class universities.Today, he told me about his troubles, but I did not know how to solve the troublesome problem properly.
From his words, I got the following information. First, he was not interested in study at all. I assumed that the reason might be that he could not study well. Second, he lived in the city but now he is studying in the suburban area because he failed to got high marks during his examination after junior high school. He could not get along with students there, giving the reason that the students there were too arrogant. Third, he had no idea that what he could do in the future and thought that study was just to face it negatively. In other words, he had no confidence and motivation in his study. At last, he thought that he would never be admitted by universities that could satisfy my aunt, his mother.
Actually, according to his current level in study, I have to admit that the way that going on study in university is not suitable for him. Instead, technical schools may be the better choice from my point of view. He said that he longed to learn computer but did not know how to start. I know nothing about computer. Therefore, I only suggested that he could read some books related to computers when he felt monotones but gave no specific advice. I felt quiet sorry about that. I hope he can live happily but I do not know how to make it come tru
My cousin is one year younger than me. Actually, we are not only relatives but also friends. We are near to each other. Therefore, we often play together even though we do not share the same school. However, reality forces us to face up to it since we are moving towards mature.
Now, the main problem which confuses him, my cousin, a lot is that he can not do well in his senior two of high school. To be honest, his study is so bad that he will not reach the criteria needed by second class universities.Today, he told me about his troubles, but I did not know how to solve the troublesome problem properly.
From his words, I got the following information. First, he was not interested in study at all. I assumed that the reason might be that he could not study well. Second, he lived in the city but now he is studying in the suburban area because he failed to got high marks during his examination after junior high school. He could not get along with students there, giving the reason that the students there were too arrogant. Third, he had no idea that what he could do in the future and thought that study was just to face it negatively. In other words, he had no confidence and motivation in his study. At last, he thought that he would never be admitted by universities that could satisfy my aunt, his mother.
Actually, according to his current level in study, I have to admit that the way that going on study in university is not suitable for him. Instead, technical schools may be the better choice from my point of view. He said that he longed to learn computer but did not know how to start. I know nothing about computer. Therefore, I only suggested that he could read some books related to computers when he felt monotones but gave no specific advice. I felt quiet sorry about that. I hope he can live happily but I do not know how to make it come tru
1 comment:
You have a done a good analysis of his problems. Perhaps you also need to help him answer these questions:
1. What are his strengths? He should develop them. Achievements in the areas he is good in will encourage and motivate him
2. What are his interests? He should pursue the things he is passionate about.
Hopefully, he will find something he is good at doing and will enjoy doing it so much that he makes it his career one day.
Post a Comment