Wednesday, April 15, 2009

7.missing my senior middle school


When we was in senior middle school the most attractive dream was the university life. No matter our parents or the teachers often told us that we should work as hard as we could and we would have a terrific period of time in the university. We believed that without any doubt. So in our mind, the university was like heaven. The most attractive point was that we should not study so hard that slept two o’clock every evening. We also could do something without our parents’ surveillance. No one was long-winded around us. There was only one exam in the whole term. That was so suitable for us that we could not wait the new life’s coming.

  Finally, it was coming to us and with disappointment. At first, everything was fresh for me. And I was so excited to dig out every corner of our campus that I would walk around with curiosity inside my eyes if I were free. Nobody asked me to do something I did not like to. I felt freedom came back. As time went by the excitement and the feeling of freedom fade away. I started to miss my senior middle school, which was beyond my imagination. I missed the days when I had a dream and fought for it. I missed my desk mate with whom I always chatted happily and shared each other’s snack during the classes. In contrast, we had no fixed desk mate in the university and there was always a stranger sitting beside us. I was lack of conscientiousness, so I would not study unless there was someone demanding me to work hard. As a consequence, I could not finish my homework on time. I often did it in the night before the deadline in a hurry. I missed my parents’ surveillance. In university, professor went through the book so fast that most time I could not catch up with him or her. I missed my senior middle school teachers’ words, which were written on the blackboard and their statement on details. I missed my friends so much that I sent short messages to them frequently, and I even cried when I watched the messages, which them sent to me. I started understanding why many of my seniors told me that they cherished the memory of their senior middle school lives.

  If I have a chance I want to go back to the time when I was in the third year in senior middle school. I will experience it with a new attitude. And I think I will regard this period of time as one of my precious memory instead of a bitter experience, which we defined the period before we graduated from middle school.

1 comment:

Maureen Tan said...

That`s a very nice photo of your senior middle school teachers.At each stage of our life, we learn to take on more and more responsiblities and that`s how we mature. The transition from high school to university can be difficult. These are challenges that are necessary for our total well-being. But we still have those precious memories we can hold on to.