On the afternoon of April 4 I went to Chinatown for shopping. On my way to one bus stop, I ran into an old lady. She stood in the way, with a booth around her. As soon as I was able to figure out that it was a promoting Falun Gong booth, she distributed two papers to me. Besides, after she found that I was a Chinese, she gave me an extra material. To be frank, I accepted those materials without any hesitation out of curiosity. I only thought that I would never believe those words and I wanted to see how it discredited Chinese government and Communist Party of China.
When I was on the bus, I did not read those materials because I knew it was not good to be seen reading those things, especially for a Chinese. However, I had enough time to think about it.
I got hesitating after some superficial thinking. I thought of the open letter to every Chinese emigrant. China asked us to protect its image among foreigners. However, I did not take any actions to do that. Moreover, I scolded myself for not being patriotic for quite a while. Currently, numerous western media reported China in a biased way. As a result, the impression on China in westerners became worse and worse. And the Falun Gong booth could only make the situation deteriorate. I ignored the function of the booth at f the beginning because I forgot it was in Singapore instead of in China. In Singapore, there seems to be much more people who are not familiar with China or Chinese believing those words.
After a short inflection, I began to ask myself what I should do just now or what to do next time. Since Falun Gong is still illegal in Singapore, I thought that I should make several authority calls to ask for police to take them away. In this way, we will not get involved in the incident directly. As a result, it was too cheap.
So next time who meets with those people, please do the write thing to protect our mother country.
3 comments:
The first time I saw the materials about falun Gong in Singapore, I was shocked.In those materials,the Chinese government
and the Communist Party are described as cruel and tough, which I have not even seen before in China. Whether it is
true or not, I don't know. But I hope it's false. As a Chinese, especially a Chinese abroad, I have faith in my motherland.
The first time I saw the materials about falun Gong in Singapore, I was shocked.In those materials,the Chinese government
and the Communist Party are described as cruel and tough, which I have not even seen before in China. Whether it is
true or not, I don't know. But I hope it's false. As a Chinese, especially a Chinese abroad, I have faith in my motherland.
Philip,
The grammar and spelling errors in your blog made reading difficult. Please edit it!
I do not really know much about this group Falungong but it would be interesting to hear their point of view.
Seto
Post a Comment