On Thursday, we learnt from the SM that:” Life is like a trip.” We will always find us standing at a crossing where we have to choose to go ahead or turn right or turn left.
Then the following weekends just saw me hovering at a crossing. Before me, different roads open their entrances and entice me by seeming fantastic futures. SCIENCE? ENGIEERING? Or SOC? Science explains the world, engineering constructs the world, SoC creates another world. I want to explain the perfection of the world; I want to construct the world to make it more perfect; I want to create the perfection which cannot exist in the real world but can be done in another world. I dream of doing all. But I cannot. I am not a genius and what I can do is to choose one way then try my best to do my best. There is no doubt that I have to abandon something in order to keep something. I have to make a choice!
Every one, I think, will meet such problems in his life AGAIN AND AGAIN. Maybe, that is life. To be or not to be? Hamlet hovers when he steps on his one-way trip of revenge. A fish or a bear’s paw? Zhuangzi hovers when he decides a list for his meal, actually, for his life. But both of a fish and a bear’s paw cannot be got. To be and not to be cannot be done at the same time. At last, Zhuangzi sacrifices life for morality and Hamlet kills his uncle. They choose what they think is more important and spare no effort to make it successful. They hovered but be decisive when they should to be and then insist on it.
That is what we should do. Hovering is normal when we reach a crossing but we cannot always hesitant. And after we make our choice, there is no reason for us to wonder again. Otherwise, Hamlet can never rescue himself and Zhuangzi can ever make his life as great as he has done.
We are always standing at a crossing but we cannot always stand there, or we will find that:
No comments:
Post a Comment