Sunday, March 1, 2009

4.Kiss the Rain

I like raining, anytime, anywhere.
I like Singapore, where it rains with such suddenness, where ten seconds ago I was going out for a soft touch of the pleasant sunshine and when I turned around to close the window ten seconds later, I found a world of dropping water.
Rains are magic. They can read people, at least they can read me. Growing older, I become fascinated by watching and listening to rain drops fall down on leaves, roofs, glass windows and whatever else. When I was young and hadn’t got my pair of glasses(I hate them), I enjoyed using my clear eyes to explore the world of stars, standing on the balcony for hours until late into the night. Now it is almost all the same except that the stars have become transparent and chosen to fall down instead of hanging in the sky forever.
Sometimes I try to figure out what is in my mind while listening to the rain, but answers never show up. Standing beside the window without a single word, I can feel that the rhythm is carrying me to the past or the faraway future, and that is my daydreaming time. All the details of the past, no matter happy or sorrow, come up in my mind so vividly. Other times I imagine what myself will become of, but none of the predictions is based on the reality. I love the feeling of totally free and relaxed and no pressure at all.
Rains always arrive at the right time when I most need comfort. After a terrible quarrel with Mum or my ex-, or receiving the poorest result of a most important test in my life, nothing except a heavy rain is more effective to wipe out my sadness. I used to eat an awful lot of snacks and make myself watch one movie after another to get rid of bad mood, but none of these works. Then when rains drop down, the air around me is so fresh and purified and everything can be cleared up. Sometimes with the help of wind, one or two drops will land on my lips, kissing me, or rather I kiss them. This simple movement will soon calm me down, urging me to finish my work peacefully.
PS: Richard Clayderman ‘s “kiss the rain” is one of my favorite piece of music.

3 comments:

Maureen Tan said...

I like rain too except when I want to go out of course,or when I`m already outdoors. Rain has a mesmerising effect on me,probably because of the pitter-patter of raindrops.It also gives me an excuse to snuggle in bed,laze around and not do the things I should be doing. As I`m much an indoor person,I do welcome rain!

ShanYongli said...

Last sunday,I went to nus.When I was goning to go back,it rained.When I wandered around the campus,it was quite tranquil.I chose a unfamiliar way and found it was very comfortable to walk alone in rain.All the noises were covered by the rain.I can speak out all kinds of strange voice to release my annoyance.

Zhang Jingyi said...

I like “kiss the rain”, nice music. I like the rain itself too. It reminds me of my beautiful memories of childhood. I remember walking and laughing in the drizzle with my best friends. Although we got wet all over, the feeling of getting close to nature and intimate friendship made me so happy. I cannot go back to my childhood. Only the rain brings the feeling back to me. I like the rain, and I cherish the memory of my childhood.