This evening I had watched my oral presentation for the first time. The video clip shocked me a lot. I did not notice that my performance was that poor until now. During my presentation, I did not have any facial expressions as Mr. Seto and Serena said. Besides, sentences came out of my mouth word by word. There were other shortcomings, such as no true eye contacts and the swinging body. Just like Mr. Seto said, we usually could not realize how we appear before people. I could not notice all these things if there was not this video clip. So thank you Richard very much for giving us a chance to be ourselves’ audience.
I think there are two reasons why I did not do my presentation fluently. First, I was reciting rather than introducing, which was my original purpose of my presentation. What was worse, I did not remember my material well. Second, I was too nervous, like Richard said. These two reasons contribute to the poor performance.
As for my posture, bad habit is one factor and being nervous is another factor.
Overall, I think the most serious problem is that I was too nervous when I was on stage. I still do not know very clearly why I was that nervous at that time. Although I used to be a little shy before people, I do not think it is the reason. Perhaps it was because I paid too much attention to the oral presentation. As a result, I had changed my topic for two times, which means that I had three topics in all. As for why I paid so much attention to it, I also do not have any idea.
Anyway, I should practice more to improve myself.
1 comment:
Don't be discouraged. It was a good learning experience. Speaking in public is a skill that is gained through experience. The more you practise the better you are. I remember my first speaking experience; it was so horrible. Up till today, I am embarrassed by it. I wish all those who listened to me have lost their memory or are dead so that that presentation which I did is long forgotten and lost in human history and in the minds of all human beings. But yours, Philip, is recorded!
Seto
Post a Comment