China is said to have a military parade this October on its national day for the sixtieth anniversary of the establishment of the country. Very inspiring, isn’t it?
How time flies! I can still remember the excitement ten years ago, when the tremendous military review took place in front of Tiananmen Square and when me, a nine-year-old little kid, sitting in front of the TV set watching the synchronous parade while feeling nothing but admiring the extraordinary performance given by our soldiers and asking naïve questions as “can we defeat the U.S. with these hi-tech weapons? “or “why not start a war now?” Hard to imagine that I can recall so much details till now, and it is always fun to recollect all these.
See now, ten years have already passed, and what huge changes have taken place! Macau’s regress, joining WTO, fighting against SARS, earthquake, successfully hosting the Olympics and so forth, all the big events in the last decades seem to be just in front of our eyes. China has now become unprecedentedly strong, which makes Chinese all over the world feel so proud of. Now if you ask my feeling about China’s military parade, I will say I feel so proud, not because China has such advanced weapons to fight, but we finally have the ability to obtain peace and harmony in this world. The change in response, not only due to the big transformation of the country, but the fact I also grow as well.
Let’s say 10 years ago, will you honestly say that you ever predicted China would become this strong and in time of recession being the country the whole world is watching at and relying on? To be frank, I didn’t. The world is changing so fast, so fast that we may even not able to plan for ourselves. To me, I’ve never thought of one day that I might be studying in Singapore, but so far I’m here.
“Life is like a box of chocolate, we never know what we are going to get”. Before we tasted the chocolate, I guess we can still do some preparation first. Like now, I’m going to water my cactus, in case it will blossom tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can also remember that ten years ago, when I was a little girl, I sat in front of the TV set watching the military parade. I could not tell how exciting I was when I watch the tremendous parade marched through the Tiananmen Square. It was a great time to present the strength of one country to the whole world.
Recent ten years, china is like a bullet train hurtling on its own way. I am lucky enough to witness one part the process which happened in my hometown. Elevated highways and modern buildings can be seen everywhere. Numberless corporations deal with countless trades everyday.
No one can look down upon china any more. The sleeping lion are awake now. We have the reason to believe that a brighter future is waiting for china, my dear motherland.
Post a Comment