Tuesday, March 17, 2009

5.An Amazing Race




Yesterday, Dirk—my roommate from the same university and high school in China—and I joined the Amazing Race raised by SMU exchange students, which aimed at make both PRC scholars and Singaporeans (as well as those exchanges from all over Asia) know more friends.
It was 1:30 in the afternoon when we reached Pasir Ris Beach Park, and we had a quick lunch then. After that all of us were arranged into five groups and Dirk and I were in group 3. Our group leader was another Michael from China, and he was also an SM3 scholar in Batch 5. and there were also a beautiful Korean girl Serena, a Singaporean guy who just finished his national service and will go to SMU and major in IS in the end of April and another Sichuanese guy in our group. Dirk named our group as King Kong, and I came up with the group cheer: King Kong, King Kong, Go, Go, Go!
The first game was an ice-breaking game to let everyone know not only his fellow group members but also people in other groups. The game was Getting Flags—one member goes into the flag field with his eyes covered, and other group members give him tips to collect all the flags in the same color. I was the one collecting flags and Dirk and another boy gave me tips in Sichuan Dialect.
After that we rushed to race stations. There were seven stations, and whichever group finishes all stations first would be the champion. Different station had different game. Choose what eat what, passing balloons, math challenges, guessing words and acting words and lifting people. And the most impressing and disgusting game was finding sweets in flour by using mouse. Everyone covered his or her eyes, and found candies one by one, and all of us’ faces were full of flour. It was really funny and disgusting.
Finally, our group ranked third and everyone won a prize. But unfortunately, when we were going to have BBQ, it begun to rain. So we decided to have it indoor. And the food was great, I had a lot of chicken wings and many other kinds of food.
It was great yesterday!

1 comment:

NanXi said...

I very envy you that you had a such great day. since I came to Singapore I have not played enjoyably. And I can figure out that you had a sunburn as an extra gift. I made up my mind that I would enjoy my recess week with my new friends. However I do not want to receive the extra gift.