The Walls
There are no walls in the childhood.
There are no walls in the childhood.
The walls, which seem only to appear in our textbooks, are only used as our tools for adventures. Beside this, we never notice the existence of walls.
Walls sometimes appear around us during our growth.
In this life full of paradoxes and confusions, we begin our delusions. Sometimes we find walls are not just walls, and that they have some deeper meanings inside. We also perceive that in this world there are places, where no walls actually exist, but we can always feel walls there around us. At that moment, we usually tell ourselves that it is just a delusion. The walls have to appear in reality, and it doesn’t make any sense that they appear in our hearts.
Several years later, will that be still ridiculous about our delusions of walls? Will the unreal walls be realer? In the world of maturity, are there full of walls that are in different sizes and thicknesses, and are quite hard to destroy off? Will our understandings of walls become more and more complex and frustrated as the time is passing?
I’m not sure about this, but I have already noticed that there are many walls in Eton Hall, the real ones and the unreal ones.
I have to say that there is a wall inside my room, which often makes us embarrassed when people on both side of it sometimes do things that have unexpectedly disturbed each other. We seem to live in different worlds for we cannot see what each other’s businesses are going on. After a while, the real wall becomes an unreal one inside our hearts, which turns out to be a tragic.
So how can we destroy the wall? Let communication do the job, right? Nevertheless, I find another wall when trying to use communication to deal with the problem.
The day came when I stood behind a person, who was in front of his computer screen, to ask him a question but only to receive no responses or reactions. Another day came when I stood beside another person, who was beside another computer screen, to start a passionate talk but only to receive an impassionate reply from him. Suddenly I feel there are full of high walls around me, and then I understand totally that the wall which makes me so awkward may be the Internet or our beloved computer games, isn’t it?
So is it the walls that lead to the wars? Are there some reasons for the similar pronunciation between “wall” and “war”? And do we have to break down walls first to prevent wars?
But I am very disappointed indeed to find out so many walls around us and so many friends who are sharing the same feeling as me. Katherine, who is a group mate of mine, told us a story in her blog that one day she greeted a classmate initiatively but received a numb response. Therefore, I know that everyone is feeling the depression of the walls between us, and that everyone is building their own walls to protect themselves unconsciously.
In the world of walls, we are losing ourselves, numbing ourselves and sealing off ourselves.
Let’s break down the walls between us alright? It needs everybody’s effort, and also our balance between our own characteristics and other people’s feelings.
“Please do not respond to my kindness with coldness.” just as Katherine said. Everyone’s cooperation will be expected and appreciated. Will that be alright?
Dumbbird
2009-2-16
3 comments:
This is the English Version of my blog. For the Chinese version, please go to www.xiaonei.com if you are interested. The address is as follows:
http://blog.xiaonei.com/GetEntry.do?id=362584823&owner=248685459
I 'm not sure about the existence of the walls because personally I'm not a person who likes to build up walls to defend myself. There seems to be no walls in our room since we are good friends and we know each other well. As a result we talk and behave more freely. I also have some problems because I haven't formed the habit of making greetings to everybody I meet. Once one of my classmates complained to me because I had seldom greeted her when I met her. Here I want to make an apologize and I want to explain that it is because I am a little shy and I have no opinion towards you. And I am trying to change. If there really exists walls, let's just work together to destroy them.
I think we construct 'walls' to defend ourselves against harm; it may be because we do not know how to relate to another person or have no desire to do so. Some people prefer to be isolated, thinking that it will make life easier to manage; others have been hurt in the past and do not dare to be transparent any more; perhaps some are by nature very reserved; still others are simply lost in a world of their own, usually in cyberspace (that's a very hard wall, I'm afraid). Be patient; it takes time for some walls to come down. Don't give up.
Post a Comment