Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pride and Prejudice


As a matter of fact , I have just read Tracy’s latest blog which talks about “Becoming Jane” . It is a coincidence that I have seen the film “ Pride and Prejudice” a few days ago ,which is much more wonderful than that I expected before and really impresses me a lot .
To some extent ,I seldom dare to see a movie made out of a masterpiece ,for I often feel disappointed after doing that.
However, this movie has changed my belief a lot ,I think.
I still remember the first time I read the book ,I was attracted deeply although I couldn’t understand the author’s meaning totally for I was so young at that time. Anyway, my first impression is that the love between Elizabeth and Darcy is so moving and beautiful as well. As a young girl ,I used to dream of owning such love as what they have after I have grown up .
With time going by , I read the book for a second time .This time ,I think I’ve learnt more than the first time .Though there do exist some misunderstandings ,but it has been proved that true love can cover everything. Maybe you will have to face many difficulties , but the moment you find your Mr Right finally is so great and it seems everything is worthy . I have imagined the scene that the prince and the princess live together happily and I love the happy ending .
Actually, sometimes we are so proud that we prejudice the would-be Mr Right .We miss each other and just go on to the wrong direction. It is lucky for Elizabeth to discover what real Darcy is like ,otherwise , she will miss her true love .However ,it seems that not everyone can be that lucky. Sometimes , passing by simply means the past.
Anyway ,it is better for us to learn how to get to know a person correctly. Never let the misunderstandings keep your true love away. Use your own heart to know and to feel.

2 comments:

Zhao Yu Feng said...

I admire you for having read so many masterpieces. My mind is almost empty since I haven't formed good reading habits. But I am familiar with this movie since Keira Knightly is one of my favorite actresses, and the movie also earned a huge success in the year it was released. Although love is the theme of this great novel and the love story in the novel might be moving and beautiful, there should be some other aspects that make this novel a masterpiece. For example, is the social background in the time this story happened fully reflected in the novel? The love story between the two main characters should have something to do with the people's stereotypes at that certain period of time. In my opinion, a masterpiece not only provides people with a beautiful story but also plays an important role in letting people know about the history. This is just my own opinion and I hope you can share with us more about this novel. Since you highly recommend this movie, I will see it when I have a chance.

Li Shiyan said...

To be frank, I watched this movie last month and you know what, I just couldn't help watching it once after another. It had really taken me days to get rid of the fascination. Surely, it is a very good movie, a movie that teaches us about love. Pride and prejudice, the contradiction that I believe few people will relate it to love at the first sight, actually more likely to be a sign of conflict, was in fact how the love story began. However far pride and prejudice go, they can never defeat the power of love. So then we learn how powerful and precious love is.