It is after the survey that I finally realised what a project was all about, and what the spirits of teamwork standed for.
Looking back on the days when we were still discussing on our topics, little conficts and interesting quarrels are the first to come in my mind. It is quite enjoyable to see that our teammates can be so uncomfortable and confused at what we take granted for. Stanley and Pumbaa, for example, could hardly last a "peaceful and friendly" talk more than five minutes before they began to have a little quarrel. But of course they bacame quite a perfect match as the project went on. I was really surprised at how well this teamwork had revealed our personalities and mindset. When discussing a certain problem, Stanley tends to emphasize just on the main challenges and ignore the details, specific methods and special conditions, which Pumbaa and I can never leave behind; as for Philip, he finds it easier to analyze the issues by keeping down every question we have mentioned on a piece of paper and going through them one by one instead of using minds and mouths only.
Till now we have almost finished the main part of the project, and I am feeling extremely comfortable with all my three teammates.
First of all, I want to say something about our leader, Philip. One may think that he is a little too gentle to be a leading role, but actually a good leader doesn’t need a prestigious outlook to “threaten” his followers. By listening to our opinions carefully and patiently, he has won our respects in return. Since the very beginning of the project, Philip has been keeping the research firmly in mind and has been ready for doubts and suggestions at any time. Besides that, he insists on assembling the four of us every few days to exchange experience and communicate our achievements. As the schedule he settled is quite efficient and flexible, we have no reason to complain those meetings. All in all, Philip is really a considerate leader with strict principles, he distributes the tasks to us very equitably, and is always willing to take the comparatively harder part himself.
Then here comes Stanley. He is the one who is quick in mind, rich in vocabulary for questionnaires and full of interesting new ideas. Whatever topics we had proposed, he was able to think out generally what problems under a certain topic should be discussed very fast. By uncovering some aspects of the problems which are somehow “invisible” to the rest three of us and putting forward innovative ideas, he has led us to think in depth and in full-scale. By the way, Stanley is quite in favor of combining our research to the real society outside, and suggests that we need to put our results in practice as far as possible, which always reminds us to see our survey as something really useful instead of just a piece of homework.
Now here we have Pumbaa. With a personality of the C style, he is good at grabbing details and discovering little defects. When we had finally fixed out topic and had come up with the most important problems to solve, he immediately pointed out the items we had left out and supplement them to make the survey perfect. However, the point which I admire Pumbaa most is his excellence in computers. After we had retrieved our questionnaires, he rearranged and summed up the data by using Excel himself in a fairly short time, greatly accelerating our progress in analyzing the data and finding our results. Besides software like Excel, Pumbaa never fails to benefit from the Internet. He can always figure out the information he wants by keying in a few words and a click of the mouse. Therefore, he has actually solved a number of intricate problems efficiently by surfing the Internet.
Well, these are my bright and extraordinary teammates. I appreciate their dispositions and their work, and am really proud of our getting together as a team.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That`s what teamwork is all about,Serena. At the beginning you try to assess one another`s character and abilities. Then you begin to appreciate what each of you can contribute. You have given a good assessment of your team-mates and I must say you do have a very reliable and responsible team leader in Phillip. From what you have said,he is very effective as a leader as he is able to give you all direction and to strategise the whole project such that the outcome will be a successful one. Lucky you!
First of all, I have to thank Serena for your words, a little more like compliments. Actually, I have to say I am not very clear about our report at first, and this is what I regretted most. Because of this, I cannot manage our team well, especially during discussion time. Another thing I regret was that I was not able to lead you doing our work according to the schedule. Moreover, I feel sorry that discussion wasted you a lot of time. There are many times when our discussion exceeded the deadline.
At last, thank you for your cooperation during research project. I had a wonderful time with you. I am sure We all learned something from it.
Post a Comment