Saturday, January 31, 2009

2.my grandmother

I cried heavily, awaking from the dream, finding that the dark of the night had gone away. It was another day. I closed my eyes again recalling the scene which appeared in my dream. I really missed you, my grandmother.
It was two months that I couldn’t see you. I went to Singapore, a different country, studying here, creating my new life. I missed my parents and my friends. But I never cried, although I suffered from loneliness. I thought that I was strong enough to arm myself with happiness and smile. But I dreamed you my dear grandmother last night, all the feeling flooded into my heart, at the same time my tear filled in my eyes.
When I was very young, my grandmother gave me much more love than any other else, even more than my parents. She seemed to make a timetable in her heart. In the morning, she cooked for me, then accompanied me to the kindergarten. In the afternoon, she would wait for me in front of the gate of my kindergarten on time, holding my little hand, taking me back home. She arranged everything well in my daily life. I enjoyed all the things she gave to me, even I never said thanks to her. In my mind, it is natural that I deserved my grandmother’s love.
I never dared to think that if one day my grandmother gone away from my world, what my life would be like. I knew that on one can escape from death, it is a rule which follows our birth.
I would never forget those days when my grandmother lay on the bed in hospital, with various medical machines fixed on her body. Doctor told us that the relatives must prepare for accepting any bad news, because of my grandmother’s bad situation. I couldn’t stay with my grandmother everyday, for the reason that the final examination which maybe would affect my whole life was coming. Even so, I couldn’t control myself not to think of my grandmother. Sometimes I just sat gazing at the blackboard thinking of my grandmother, finding that the tears falling down from my eyes. I felt cold, very cold. My heart is broken. I was even afraid of the coming of tomorrow.
My grandmother defeated the disease at last, but she couldn’t walk and speak any more. She could just understand others, using gesture to express her meaning.
When I got the news that I could go to Singapore, I sat beside her bed speaking many things. She looked my face with happiness. She nodded to me expressing her support to me. I could read all her words form her eyes filled with love and care. I held her hand tightly, powerful feelings warming my heart. At that moment, I believe that I could conquer any problem which I met. I love you, my grandmother.

2 comments:

Phay said...

Thanks for sharing about your Grandmother. The love that you have for each other is so pure and true that words are not necessary, so even though she cannot speak now, you know how much she loves you. Cherish this love! Though you are now far apart, this precious memory of loving and being loved will remain in your heart and keep you strong.

zouqingyuan tracy said...

thank you Ms Lim
I will remember it.