Thursday, March 12, 2009

Zhong guo ren?

Yesterday, I read a article that depicted Taiwan's economy. It was said that Taiwanese now lived a cosy life, while people in China didn't have that fortune. Wow the news shocked me immediately. Has Taiwan been a part of China since long long time ago?It rooted in my mind that although some people in Taiwan are against the prospal to come back to his mother's wide embrace.
But now I am confused. Mrs Lim have authenticly told us not to write something about political, but what I want to write today is only my personal new opinion about the issue.
When I was young, I had no clear about China's map. But Hong Kong' return inspired the deep patriotism buried in my heart for many years. I can still remember without any faintness that Andy Liu had sang a so beatiful and moving song "Zhong guo ren" on the Great Wall- the symbol of Great China. I was facinated with Andy since then and tried myself to be proud of myself as a Chinese. After a long time, when I became aware of how powerful the media was in shaping the people in a country, I doubted whether the facts that in our history book were really truths. Because when a party has controlled the country, it will try every effort to educate their own people and encourage them to be part of them. So as you see, there are nearly no mistakes about communist in our textbooks. Is that intriguing, enen?
I surfed the Internet yesterday, only to find that we mainland Chinese have to get a visa before we can land in Hong Kong. But there are so many other countries that their citizens can stay in Hong Kong without any restriction for three months. Then a question came out; is Hong Kong still belonging to China? How can we Chinese step into our own area with so much contempt? Some people commented that most of the Hong Kong citizens didn't want to return but China took it by force. Who knows? Indeed, China has provided an emormously lot of money for Hong Kong' living through the economic crisis.
So let's leave it to the tendency itself. If Taiwan belongs to China, then what about Mongolia? What about korea? Hundreds years ago, all these parts were controlled by China. But Chinese bureaucracy seemed to be extremely ossified and undoubtly, large pieces of land were splited from the mainland.
But the world is like this; only the strong men can live. So let's leave the issue to their own countries to decide. Whoever wants to return, we will surely embrace them with our kindhearted hug and share our booming economy!

4 comments:

FangXiaoqiong_angie said...

Actually,I think it makes no sense for us to talk about this issue.However , I disagree with you to some extent.Because I think the matter of sovereignty is not a small thing that is up to one's mind ,which means we cannot treat it so freely. It has something to do with the dignity of a country .As a national,we should be responsible for our own country ,right?

Hu Yang/Yogi said...

We want to be more democratic, but usually we are just like robbers in other people's eyes. If we are more powerful one day, in your opinion, why not take Mongolia, Japan and Korean back later?

Hu Yang/Yogi said...

I am the kind of man believe in that there is only one China.

Anonymous said...

honestly ,when i first overheard the permission restriction for Chinese to enter mocao and HK i slightly felt the irrational decision made by the government and felt abashed of being controlled by these idiot!simultaneously,i was brought into deep thinking of the reasons. within my reach , i really failed to tell the unreasonable reasons.