Saturday, May 30, 2009

10. FREE FLOW FOR THE WEEK

 When I was reading my classmates’ blogs just now, my phone rang- a message from Mr. Seto, demanding me to finish my blog soon. As a result, I have to put others things aside and start to finish my blog. :(

     Just like our tutors said, time would go very fast in Phase 2. Now we only have about one week to go for our English course. To be frank, I expected our English course could end as soon as possible. However, now my attitude turns around—I want that there are another several weeks for us to learn English. That is not because I think I need to improve my English, I just want we can get together for a longer time. After about 5 months study, we, both tutors and classmates, get to know each other much better. I cannot imagine the days without English courses. Although my classmates and I still live together, we surely do not have many chances to get together again. Thus, I started to treasure every day of being together from this week or even a bit earlier.

     As many Chinese students in Singapore are going back to China these days, my father asked me whether I needed to take anything back home or I needed to get anything from home on Wednesday evening. After several times of enquiry, I told him that I wanted some sausages made by mother if possible. Although the signal of the phone was always bad, I could hear my father sobbing when he heard this. I always know that my parents care much for me, especially when I am in a foreign country alone. I usually tried to tell them many happy things to comfort them, but they still could get every little clue to know that things were not that good in fact. I would feel the greatness of the love from their anxious words or their sobs.

     Yesterday I went to Singapore Flyer because yesterday was the last day for the special promotion of Singapore Flyer. Although the scenery was very beautiful, I am not going to talk about the journey. Instead, it is the time before and after the journey. My decision changed several times before I finally went there. My decision was not on whether I should go, but on whom I should go with. At last, I went with my schoolmates, who came from the same university. However, after the journey, or even during the journey, I began to regret. I thought I should have taken another alternative. I really hate this kind of feeling which bothered me many times. I must learn to be decisive and go ahead regardless of other people.



 

5 comments:

Zhang Jingyi said...

I have the same feeling as you. It's true that sometimes I eagerly want the English course to end as soon as possible. However, I still feel a little bit sad because later in our university life there will never be such a kind of period with friends talking, laughing and playing together in the classroom. Well, no matter how everything goes on in the future, we are friends forever!

For summer holidays, I have decided to go back home becaude I miss my family members and friends so much. I know your feeling. We are in the same situation.

Well, you should have go to the flyer with us~If so, you could have met a lot of new friends. They are all friendly, humorous and kind because they are from HIT~~~hehe

Zhang Jingyi said...

I have the same feeling as you. It's true that sometimes I eagerly want the English course to end as soon as possible. However, I still feel a little bit sad because later in our university life there will never be such a kind of period with friends talking, laughing and playing together in the classroom. Well, no matter how everything goes on in the future, we are friends forever!

For summer holidays, I have decided to go back home becaude I miss my family members and friends so much. I know your feeling. We are in the same situation.

Well, you should have go to the flyer with us~If so, you could have met a lot of new friends. They are all friendly, humorous and kind because they are from HIT~~~hehe

Li Qinpei-Philip said...

Yes. I think everyone will miss this period time because we are so lovely~ Besides, I quite agree with you that we are friends forever.

As for the summer holiday, I might travel to other places or just collect my thoughts and greet the wonderful and challenging university life. Wish you have a happy trip back home and have a great time with your families and friends.

I like your reason. Make more friends. Also, I appreciate your connection between the characteristics and the university.

SHH said...

I am also beginning to miss the students as the course is coming to an end. But I hope that we can still keep in contact even after the course. I am always keen to meet up with u. Seto

Li Qinpei-Philip said...

I hope we can keep in touch with each other, as well