Sunday, April 19, 2009

7.Live for today

When I was in China, I frequently dreamt that one day I could go abroad to have a different experience in life. Because of that, I could not tell how exciting I was when I accepted the admission from National University of Singapore. After then, I ecstatically searched on the internet and went to the libraries making effort to find any information about Singapore. When I got to know the fantastic seaside sceneries of Setosa and the white splendid sculpture of Merlion in Singapore, it seemed that the stimulants activated every cell in my body to keep me exciting. However, now, when I am in Singapore, after touring around Setosa and seeing the real white sculpture Merlion, I suddenly feel it was not as good as I thought before, so I began to count the day coming back to China.
It sounds strange why we think like that, but it is truth based on the fact that most of us cannot get rid of such kind of thinking, since life cannot content people’s needs all the time. Maybe that is the reason why most of people are always living in expectation, anxiety and dissatisfaction.
It is in the same situation that some of us look forward winter when it is summer, and miss the warm whether in summer when it is winter. Sometimes our hearts are covered by our complicated emotion and subjective thought, so we lose the ability to find the beauty in our life. Until we lose it, we begin to realize what we have got. Then we begin to put our hope in future. However, most of these expectations end up with disappointment, leading to our pessimism towards life accumulated day by day. Even if when some of expectations indeed come true, we still feel unhappy with our life, because they are the dreams in the past, not today.
Actually, it has a simple way to change this kind of situation and get happiness from our daily life that is being satisfied with what we have owned now and being grateful towards our life. Remember that we have enough reason to feel felicity, because we still live in this world and we have enough reason to show our thankfulness to the society, because we have food to eat and clothes to wear. Complain less, enjoy more. Live for today, but not tomorrow.

3 comments:

ShanYongli said...

I have the similar feeling with you. I think that human beings are too easy to adjust to new environment. As a result, people always want to change their living environment after staying in the same environment for a long time.

Hu Yang/Yogi said...

Yeah, I agree with Yongli. Usually we seem to be too exciting about one item. But when we really come to it, a large potion of us will find it is not as fantastic as the image that we have illustrate in our mind. So always keep a distance with the most sacred one. Only in that way, will we have the hope and itch to look forward to tomorrow.

Phay said...

Live today to the fullest. Each day is a gift; maybe that's why it is called the 'present'. Enjoy each day you have.